Dr. Brian Weiss – Psychiatrist, Past Life Regression Therapist – And Author of Soul-Stirring, Life-Changing Books On Karma And Reincarnation.
I have always found writers of non-Indian origin explaining Indian concepts of philosophy with amazing simplicity and lucidity.
Intricate Indian subjects like yoga, astrology & Hindu religious texts have seeped into my mind better thanks to foreign interpretations.
Dr. Brian Weiss. His explanation of karma and reincarnation is best suited for an easy common-man understanding.
At the cost of sounding judgmental, I must say that new age Gurus like Dr. Deepak Chopra tend to complicate things beyond simplicity.
Whereas the likes of Dr. Chopra tend towards monumental language & complicated philosophies reminiscent of God-gurus, Dr. Weiss simply talks to you.
What also attracts me to Dr. Brian Weiss is Lord Krishna’s Bhagvat-Gita philosophy that shines through his talks on karma & reincarnation.
Dr. Brian Weiss on Karma & Reincarnation:
Dr. Brian Weiss, a psychologist & regression therapist, dwelled deeper into existence of past lives when he accidentally regressed a patient 1000 years into another life.
Dr. Brian Weiss documented his experiments and research in karma & reincarnation, in his best-selling & life-changing books.
Dr. Brian Weiss, author of: Many Lives Many Masters, Same Soul Many Bodies, Through Time Into Healing, Only Love Is Real & his latest, Miracles Happen.
Dr. Brian Weiss on karma & reincarnation: quoted from his recent interview to Times of India & from all his books.
- Everyday miracles happen in people’s lives, which they fail to recognize.
- Our rational mind often attempts to minimize or negate mystical encounters.
- We forget the power of our own experiences; we need to embrace the reality of an event which is a miracle.
- Power of past life memories can transform people’s lives.
- Greeks and Indians have always believed in the theory of reincarnation.
- I firmly believe Karma is not punishment but an opportunity to learn our lessons.
- If lessons have not been learnt in a previous lifetime, we come back to work on them.
- Lessons will always be about Love, Compassion, Non-violence, Non-prejudice, Patience, Understanding.
- When lessons and learnings are complete, there will be no reincarnation.
- We are not born with memory of past lives because conscious negative memories will prevent us from conscious positive action.
- It becomes important to regress into past lives when our conscious mind is incapable to overcome negative blocks of sub-conscious memories.
- Even in the absence of regression therapy, there are other tools and techniques like hypnosis, dreams and meditation that can take you back into your sub-conscious past.
- Every individual soul will choose significant people to that lifetime.
- Destiny will place you in a particular circumstance, which will dictate your encounter with a particular person at appointed time & place. This will happen with every person you have chosen to bring into this lifetime.
- Destiny will arrange you to meet more frequently the people you have loved and lived with, in past lives.
- Once destiny fulfills its promised appointment, your free-will is activated. Do you stay? Do you leave? Do you love? Do you hate? Do you accept? Do you reject? Do you resolve? Do you postpone?
- Once destiny steps back, the choices are yours and that is how you learn, that is your growth.
- Everything is part of the Master Plan. We are here to learn deep lessons.
- The biggest block that stops us from living our life in the present moment is fear. We must learn to overcome fear.
- Understanding dissolves fear. We are spiritual beings in human bodies, not human beings in spiritual bodies.
- The spirit is always spiritual. The body is human.
- It is evident when miracles occur. Inevitably we always recognize them but many times we choose not to acknowledge them.
- Not acknowledging miracles is moving away from our spiritual selves. Miracles are energy that manifest at our deepest physical, emotional level.
- We can always pray and ask for divine intervention. The more we become aware of this intervention, the more evident are miracles become.
- The human body is a vessel for the soul. We each life we complete some part of the whole learning process.
- Human beings are essentially immortal. This understanding will allow you to live in present moment without regrets from past or worries of future.
- It’s important to remember and remind yourself of unfulfilled goals from past lives. This is where regression into past lives helps.
- Eventually, you must get past all past obstacles in your present life. That’s the objective.
- We are souls, not just bodies. We are constantly reuniting with our loved ones, either on the other side or back here in physical form.
- When we are not disturbed by the judgments and criticisms of others, we have reached a higher level of wisdom.
- People with problems and fears must learn meditation and practice it regularly. Insights will come to you. Persist, for this is a practice for a lifetime.